Solar Hot Water
Sunworks has been recognized for outstanding expertise by our many happy customers!
Solar Domestic Hot Water (DHW) systems use the sun’s energy to heat hot water directly. 1000’s of systems were installed in the Puget Sound area in the early 1980’s as a 40% Federal Tax Credit was available along with many local incentives. Many of these systems are still operating today. With improved technology systems are now capable of capturing up to 70% of the sun’s energy and use it to heat hot water, where a photovoltaic system typically captures 15-20% of the sun’s energy.
Today, 100’s of solar domestic hot water heating systems are being installed each year as another round of Federal Tax Incentives are available to help offset the cost of a system installation. Unfortunately, these credits are due to expire December 31, 2021 so don’t wait, now is the time to install a system.
Solar Hot Water Heating
Installing a solar hot water system for your home has immediate and long term benefits including,
- Helping the Environment
- Saves on your utility bill
- Makes you eligible for tax deductions, rebates and incentives
- Adds value to your home
No matter what your motivation, rest assured that with a Sunworks Solar Hot Water Heating System, you have made the right choice.
- Solar systems can easily operate for 20 or more years without needing any serious maintenance.
- Quality built collectors are able to withstand the harshest environments
- High return on your investment
- With available incentives, most system pay for themselves within 10 to 15 years
- You will significantly reduce your hot water heating bill by hundreds of dollars annually.
- A solar hot water system is a hedge against the impact of rising energy costs on your home.
- Preserves our environment
- Everyone can make a difference. Installing a solar hot water system for your home is a proactive way to combat global warming.
- A solar hot water system greatly reduces your home’s CO2 emissions by approximately 30%, helping to preserve our environment for many generations to come.
- Compared to all other alternative energy options, solar hot water is the most economical choice for your home’s renewable energy needs.
- Federal and local incentives exist, which can significantly reduce the cost of a new system. Find which incentives apply in your area at dsirerusa.org
- Simple and easy installation.
- Very little service or maintenance is required for the life of the system.
- Once installed, the system is fully operational.
- Adds value to your home.
- Adding a solar water heating system to your home increases resale value by at least the cost of the system.
How Solar Hot Water Systems WorkA solar hot water system is really quite simple. You’re using the sun’s energy to heat a solar panel collector full of solar fluid (or water, depending on which type of system you install), which then transfers that heat (or hot water) into your home’s hot water tank.
- When there is sufficient heat to be drawn from the solar collectors, a controller automatically activates the pump(s).
- Heated solar fluid then circulated from the collectors, through a heat exchanger where its heat is transferred to water in the storage tank.
- The solar fluid is then pumped back to the collectors to once again be reheated. This circulation loop will continue as long as there is heat to be drawn from the collector.
- During times when there is little or no sun, you electric or gas water heater will provide back-up heating to provide adequate hot water.
If you already have a solar hot water heating system installed in your home, it is important to maintain it regularly. Sunworks also supplies solar hot water heating owners with system maintenance services. Providing your system with proper up keep can help you avoid future system problems.
If you’re solar hot water heating system has stopped working or isn’t working the way it used to, our professionals can help. Sunworks also provides solar hot water system repair services. Our trained technicians can repair any type of system you might have in your home or business. We understand the important of keeping your solar hot water heating system working properly all year long, and we can provide you with higher quality services then you will be able to get anywhere else.
You can trust Sunworks to help you properly maintain, repair or install a solar hot water heating system in your home. To find out if a solar hot water heating system can work for you call Sunworks for a free no obligation site visit and assessment today.
Solar Hot Water Pool Heating
Benefits of Heating Your Pool with Solar
- Lower operating cost. A solar pool heating system eliminate high, on-going monthly fuel bills by heating your pool with free, abundant energy from the sun.
- A solar pool heating system can pay for itself in as little as 4 years.
- Lower maintenance cost. Solar collectors are not effected by pool chemicals and contain no moving parts to break down.
- Warranty Coverage. A 10 year full, lifetime limited warranty gives you protection and peace of mind long after typical pool heaters warranties expire.
- Solar pool heating is clean, non-polluting and environmentally safe. Other heating methods consume non-renewable fossil fuels and pollute the environment.
- Solar pool heating uses no high temperature appliances and requires no on-site storage of volatile fuels.
Extend your Warm Water Fun
A solar pool heating system will extend your warm water fun well into the spring and fall.
- A warm swimming pool can take you away from the everyday
- Warm water makes your pool the perfect setting for parties, get together or relaxing.
- Spend more time in the safety and comfort of your backyard
- Warm water and regular exercise are a natural fit.
How Solar Pool Systems Work
A solar pooling heating system is really quite simple. Your using the suns energy to heat a solar panel collector full of fluid (pool water in most cases), which then transfers that heated water back into your pool.
- Using your pool pump, pool water is directed through a series of valves to the solar collectors.
- Pool water enters the solar collectors from the bottom and rises to the top through the individual tubes of the collector.
- As the water rises to the top of the collectors it is heated by the sun’s radiant energy.
- The water is then returned to your pool to repeat the cycle until your pool has been warmed by the sun.
This is all automatically controlled by the solar pool control. It monitors pool temperature and sunlight and directs pool water to the collectors when heating is available. In times of low sunlight a back-up heater can provide pool heating.
If you already have a solar pool heating system on your home, it is important to maintain it regularly. Sunworks also supplies solar pool heating owners with system maintenance services. Providing your solar pool heating system with proper up keep can help you avoid future system problems.
If you’re solar pool heating system has stopped working or isn’t working the way it used to, our professionals can help. Sunworks also provides solar pool system repair services. Our technicians can repair any type of system you might have in your home or business. We understand the important of keeping your system working all season long, and we can provide you with higher quality services then you will be able to find anywhere else.
You can trust Sunworks to help you properly maintain, repair or install a solar pool heating system for your home. To find out if a solar pool heating system can work for you call Sunworks for a free no-obligation assessment today.